This is a powerful episode if you’re curious on what takes to find the right people, keep the people you currently have or work for an organization that actually gives a damn about you.
In this episode we unpack:
- Why it is so hard to hire (+ retain) right now in the construction industry.
- What organizations can do to attract more candidates.
- How the current market has shifted vs the “old” traditional construction ideologies.
- How much it really costs to hire in the construction industry + the cost of turnover.
- What we can learn by looking across other industries.
- How creating an experience + being transparent changes the game.
- We flip the script + challenge the status quo to look at the interview process differently to find the right people + keep who we have got.
- Treat the process differently + the outcome will change.
Chip Aldridge is the Product Owner at Austin-based Talroo, the award-winning job advertising platform that powers 2 billion job searches per month. Chip is a 10-year veteran in the talent acquisition technology industry. In that span, he has led multiple teams and departments including sales, operations, product and performance marketing for companies in the logistics/supply chain data and talent acquisition marketing space. A self-proclaimed data nerd, Chip has a proclivity for essential worker and supply chain employment economics. When he isn’t working on new cutting-edge Talroo products or researching labor statistics data, he’s probably wearing his soccer dad hat while watching his daughters play their favorite game. Connect with him on LinkedIn at
Hire essential workers with Talroo:
Keynote speaker, Consultant, Trainer + Performance Coach: www.jonathancinelli.com
Author: Kick Your Ego aside and Put People First
Tags: Construction leadership